Within five years, South Side Mission envisions:
- Vision #1 A South Side of Peoria that is radically-changed for Christ, with thousands of persons from the 61605 zip code (and the greater Peoria area) accepting Christ as Savior and living their lives for Him. These precious people will be won for Christ, discipled and plugged-in to a local and vibrant Bible-believing church.
- Vision #2 A residential program for homeless women and their children taking a holistic approach to meeting needs through partnerships with area Christian churches and Christian social service agencies, and case management during and after each stay.
- Vision #3 A low-income community empowered to improve their lot through vital life skills training, economic assistance, educational opportunities, and addiction recovery. Services will be offered in the name of Jesus Christ and with Him at the center of the curriculum.
- Vision #4 An alternative Youth Culture Center attended by South Side adolescents yearly, receiving one-on-one mentoring, highly-skilled tutoring, healthy recreation, leadership training and enrichment; all Christ-centered and culturally-relevant.
- Vision #5 A South Side Mission that is identified with Christ, engineered for evangelism, fiscally-conservative, totally-reliant upon God, not receiving government nor United Way funding, not borrowing for operations, volunteer-driven, well-maintained, positioned for growth, equipped for rapid change, stewarded-wisely, fully-funded, enmeshed in community partnerships, and attentive to the Lord’s imminent return.
- Vision #6 An outdoor Education and Retreat Center at Camp Kearney offering year ‘round Christian camping, neat and manicured grounds, updated facilities, gracious hospitality, team-building, leadership training, and outdoor skills enhancement.
- Vision #7 A South Side in which basic needs are met at several sites, efficiently, compassionately, and in Jesus’ name.